Checking-in at La Gavina means immersing yourself in a world of luxury and elegance from ancient times. It is a journey to the past, knowing at all times that it not a recreation but totally authentic and genuine. Despite its traditional Catalan architecture when coming inside it becomes a palatial atmosphere that takes me back to a movie where I could be, for instance, an actress or a princess. Finally, the most extreme luxury, as usual, is location, the nature around it, the views and above all how the staff and the ambience makes you feel as if the time stops.
AT A GLANCE
Hostal de La Gavina Spain’s iconic 5* coastal resort is located on the private enclave of S’Agaró, 95 km north of Barcelona and set beautifully on a small peninsula between two secluded sandy beaches. This family owned estate, in 4th generation, is surrounded by peaceful gardens and the Mediterranean views, offering a unique natural setting.
The region Costa Brava Girona is gastronomically recognized given its outstanding number of internationally recognized Michelin* restaurants.
In the early 1920s, Josep Ensesa i Gubert developped the area and became one of the most brilliant hosts in tourism in the region. It was the first hotel in Spain to join The Leading Hotels of the World becoming one of the most elegant and exclusive spots of the Catalan coast, that has been stage and vacation spot over the past decades for many personalities from politics, culture and arts from around the world.
Today, Hostal de la Gavina is still part of LHW and also Traveller Made and continues to be an icon and reference of luxury and elegance.
- 53 Rooms & 21 Suites
- 3 Restaurants & 2 Bars, all with outdoor terraces
- Beach Restaurant La Taverna del Mar with chill out-terrace
- Spa “by Valmont”
- 25 m seawater outdoor pool – heated indoor pool
- S’Agaró Tennis Club with 2 clay courts – 2 paddle courts
- Outdoor parking spaces for up to 50 vehicles
- Distance: 60 minutes from Barcelona city | 30 minutes from Girona – Costa Brava airport
- Meeting and banqueting spaces (indoor and outdoor) for up to 300 people
- Magnificent gardens and terraces overlooking the Sea
- Open all year round for corporate events and private celebrations